DCHS Clubs

DCHS Clubs

There are many clubs at DCHS and they include: History Club, Chess Club, Math Club, Science Club, Spanish Club, FCCLA, National Honor Society, FFA, LEO, HOSA, FTA, Drama, Interact, Student Council, Creative writing, Key Club, Youth Leadership, and Youth in Government/Model United Nations. History club is ran by Josh Lents in room 1021. Chess club is ran by Donna Jones in room 1016. Math club is ran by Courtney Babbitt in room 2012. Science club is ran by Becky Kent in room 2013. Spanish club is ran by Donna Jones and Mildred Harber in room 1016 and 1013. FCCLA is ran by Michelle King in room 3011. National Honor Society is ran by Sara White and Jessica Tickle in room 3015B and 3015A. FFA is ran by Dan Smith, Lyndsey Butler, and Brittany Leitherland in room 4015,4009,and 4006. HOSA is ran by Malissa Flagg and Leigh Wilkerson in room 3010 and 3013. FTA is ran by Michelle King and Jill Powers in room 3011 and 2021. Drama is ran by Reachel Hudgins and Hilary Norrid in room Theater and 1007. Interact is ran by Laura Wright in room 2008. Student council is ran by Courtney Babbitt in room 2004. Creative writing is ran by Lucia Martinez in room 1018. Key club is ran by Jessica Murray in room 2012. Youth Leadership is ran by Courtney Babbitt in room 2004. Youth in Government/Model United Nationsis ran by Sandy Hodges in room 1014. 

The History Club is where you learn more about history and do things that involves history. The Chess Club focuses on how to play chess and getting better at it. Math Club focuses on all the classes that deal with math rather than one. Science Club is all about science and different experiments. Spanish Club is where you learn spanish and do activities. FCCLA is where you do competitions and speak to a group of people and you also do a lot of community service. National Honor Society is where you have kept your grades up and have a high GPA. FFA deals with animals and plants on the DCHS campus. LEO Club is where you do community service. HOSA Club is where you can do competitions and learn more about the medical field and all the professions. FTA Club is where you will show a passion of the teaching profession and they will learn how to pressure their dreams. Drama Club is where you will be in plays and deal with all the jobs of showing a play. Interact Club is where you do things for your school and help out. Student council is where you will develop leadership by organizing and carrying out school activities and service projects. Creative Writing is where you will learn how to write better in the creative way. Key Club is just like LEO Club they do community service. Youth Leadership is a program designed for Sophomores to help build leadership, teamwork, and cooperation skills. Youth in Government/Model United Nations is where you talk about state policies and debate and discussing policy with people from differing backgrounds and viewpoints.