Social Media

Social Media

Media is such a large part of this generation’s life. Where we post family photos, updates about our lives, and so much more. Media can be used for good as well as bad. It’s something younger generations even use. So what are the top three media that younger and older people use and is it safe?

TikTok, which was made on September 16, 7 years ago. The app similar to it was Musically which had a tight influence on young people and was relatively safe for all to use since it wasn’t much but people lipsyncing and dancing. TikTok though, made by ByteDance is a platform where people come on there and they can dance, sing, share their personal lives and so much more. Most people do get ready with me and typically inform strangers of what they do in their homes. TikTok is worth around 75 billion dollars, TikTok also made 6 billion dollars at the beginning of 2023. Now, is TikTok a safe app for all ages? This question is difficult to answer since TikTok was originally made for mostly teens. Now younger kids and elder people use it. To be honest, many people believe the app is dangerous for their children or for older people who don’t understand the internet as much, this is because many kids and elders end up accidentally adding the wrong people and putting their information that is supposed to be hidden. So, the majority of people heavily believe the app is not safe for any age group but none of us can stop people from getting on certain things.

Snapchat is a large part of the teenage experience nowadays, if you don’t use phone numbers then you gonna most likely see teens text each other on this well-known app. This app was made in September 2011, which was 12 or so years ago. Knowing that this app has been used for twelve years and is still one of the highest apps used is a wild thing, but the creators Snap Inc. should be proud since the app’s worth is 28.25 Billion dollars. This app is used to communicate and send each other photos, you can add friends and family members on here, This app is a lot safer than TikTok since you can add, block, and have anyone they want. People can always make their accounts private as well so no one can see their accounts and can only have people who search their usernames. So yes, this app is safer than some others and can be used daily as a messaging app.

Facebook, app is used mostly by elderly people, it is an app where people share their lives, their hobbies, and more. It’s private but can be public if you want it to be. This app was made on February 4, 2009. Which is 19 years old. This app is widely used by middle-aged women and some older men. Due to how long it has been here and how many use it, the worth of the app is 914.76 billion dollars. Now, to know if this app is safe or not is based on whether their account is public or not and what they post. Since most older people use the app, it is safer than the other two apps. This app also comes with Messenger which is less than safe since there are kids who use the texting app connected to Facebook.

In conclusion, be careful of what apps you use and yes some apps are safer to use than others. That doesn’t mean though that every app will be one hundred percent safe, Most apps will hold a higher risk than others. You just have to know how to protect yourself online.