The Student News Site of Dyer County School High School

Tribal Media

Tribal Media

Tribal Media

Literary Corner

Book Review: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by the New York Times bestselling author, Taylor Jenkins Reid, is a captivating story that follows the glamorous yet tragic life of the 1950s movie star Evelyn Hugo. The story begins when a newly divorced reporter, Monique Grant, is approached with the opportunity to interview the notoriously reclusive Evelyn Hugo, but things take a turn when Monique is told she is writing a book about the seemingly unknown story of Hugo’s life. Though Monique is thrilled to have this opportunity of a lifetime there is a catch, the book cannot be released until Evelyn dies. This means that there are secrets in Evelyn’s story that she has vowed to take to the grave.
This enthralling story will easily draw in the attention of all kinds of book lovers and will be simply impossible to put down due to how well-written and thought out every single moment is. Page after page new shocking information is steadily revealed about the star’s life and how she chose to live it. The reader will also discover that Hugo chose Monique to write her story for a reason, but why?
Overall, The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo is a must-read for the plot twists alone, but any avid reader will appreciate the thought and love put into this novel. Every word written morphs into this breathtaking story of a woman who only wanted her true love.