Dyer County Prom Dresses – Instagram Account

As prom season comes around everyone begins to search for their perfect dress. What color looks the prettiest with my hair? What style is most popular this year? Sparkles or satin? Strapless or one-shoulder? Every girl is searching for the dress that makes them feel the best. But, we can all agree that there is one thought in the back of every girl’s mind while dress shopping. Duplicates.

Although trying on pretty dresses and finding your perfect match is fun, it also brings some stress to high school girls. We have all heard of the inevitable. You just tried on your fifth dress and you absolutely love it. But, you overheard some girls in class talking about the dresses they got, and guess what, one is metallic just like yours. One is also blue, just like yours, and one was also a one-shoulder, just like yours. Although you love how pretty this dress makes you feel, you take it off and put it back on the rack from the fear of showing up in the same dress as another girl. One of our Dyer County students came up with a way to put the stress aside and focus on finding your perfect prom dress.

After many of the most popular prom dress stores stopped registering dresses according to schools, Reagan Ross decided to get creative with a way to prevent duplicates. She created an Instagram account where girls attending the Dyer County Prom can send in a picture of their dress to be posted. Once the dress is posted, anyone can view the page to see which dresses are already taken. Some people prefer that their dress choice be kept private, so Reagan keeps it a secret who’s dress is who’s. When interviewed she said, “I wanted a way to prevent people from having duplicate dresses and also allow everyone to enjoy dress shopping stress-free”.