The Student News Site of Dyer County School High School

Tribal Media

Tribal Media

Tribal Media

Literary Corner

Supporting Local Businesses

Supporting your local businesses is an important factor to consider when shopping. Local businesses are often owned by people who live in the community and reinvest their profits back into the community. When you support local businesses, your money stays within the community, and it can be used to create more jobs, attract new businesses, and improve public services.

Have you ever joined a club, played for a team, or worked on an event that needed sponsors? You usually go to your local businesses asking them to sponsor. So without your support of their business, they cannot give back to you. It is kind of like a cycle within the community. By supporting local businesses you’re also supporting their family, the employees getting paid, and more money to be given back.

And doesn’t everyone love a new place to shop? By supporting a small business, you’re also supporting the local community. Spending your money there helps to stimulate the local economy and keep business booming within your local region.

Dyersburg is filled with many local businesses like boutiques, salons, restaurants, gas stations, and so many more. So next time you buy think about who you’re supporting.