Miku Expo Disappoints Many

Last week Miku Expo came to a start, a strong start that left a bitter taste in the mouths of many fans worldwide. After footage of the show was shared to social media expressing disappointment with the quality of such an expensive experience, fans began to take to many social media platforms to convey their disbelief and disapproval regarding the event.

Typically at concerts for vocaloid singer Hatsune Miku, hologram technology is put into play using projectors and glass panels to create the illusion of a hologram upon the stage. Fans from the United States, where Miku rarely travels, expected such as it was advertised in the way that they would expect no less. To the masses’ disappointment, this would not be the case for Miku Expo 2024.

When gathering for the first show they were greeted by a small screen and a poorly organized stage. The screen blocked the live band from the audience’s view and displayed a rather small video of the J-pop star.

Immediately, fans showed outrage on platforms like TikTok. The price of tickets was simply outrageous just to gather before a screen that was falsely advertised to those attending. Many that had entry to future shows began to sell tickets and the prices of most dropped tremendously,  some to only seven dollars as compared to previous high pricing of them beforehand.

Last night at the San Jose performance, due to many complaints, they moved the screen back and brought the live band forward into better view. Much of the stage was adjusted to better fit the expectations of raving fans who were much surprised by Miku Expo hosts listening to their voices.