The Housemaid Book Review

The Housemaid Book Review

The HouseMaid by Freida McFadden is a book about a girl named Millie who’s living in her car jobless. Millie applies for a live-in housemaid job with Nina Winchester, Nina is a rich, unpredictable, high strung lady. Millie gets the job with Nina, but on the first day things seem weird, when Millie arrives at the house she walks in and the house is a mess, not clean and well kept like it was when she had her interview. 

Then Ninas 9 year old daughter Cecelia comes downstairs with bright blonde hair, and blue pleated dress, and the bluest eyes Millie has ever seen, but something seems off with CeCe. As the book continues things start getting really crazy. Nina starts blaming Millie for ridiculous things like trying to kill CeCe by giving her peanut butter that she is allergic to, but later Millie finds out by Andrew-Ninas husband- that CeCe is in fact NOT allergic to peanut butter. And then when CeCe makes messes Millie gets blamed for it. 

Nina is completely and totally crazy. Millie finds out later that Nina was in a mental hospital for trying to kill CeCe by drowning her and  giving her pills. Andrew seems to know about nothing going on, he’s not CeCe’s biological father so he has no knowledge of this that occurred. 

This book is a good book to read if you’re into drama/ thriller type books. While there are a lot of “jump scares” this book is one you won’t be able to put down, it definitely keeps you hooked!