The Student News Site of Dyer County School High School

Tribal Media

Tribal Media

Tribal Media

Literary Corner

Summer Movies of 2023

This past summer, 2023 many movies came out. Some topped the charts like Barbie, Spiderman: Across the Spider Verse, and Super Mario Bros. Movie. There were many more terrific movies that came out during the summer which were below the top three. But these were just recently, great movies all of 2023 have been coming out and there are so many amazing movies to come.

The Barbie movie was released on July 21st of this year. This movie consisted of some fantastic actors including Margot Robbie as Barbie and Ryan Gosling as Ken. The movie was directed by Greta Gerwig and is still placed at number one for most watched in theaters. Barbie is a completely different movie compared to the old Barbie. This new movie shows that women can be independent and break from their path and be themselves. It shows that Margot Robbie, who is Barbie, does not need a man to help her. The possibilities of being yourself and not confining to the standard. This movie is rated number one in movie theaters. This movie is a star-striking change of what some parts of Barbie were seen as, this movie is an inspiration for people and children alike.

Spiderman: Across the Spider-Verse, this movie is the sequel to Spider-Verse. In this movie, Miles Morales goes on an adventure with Gwen across the multiverse, where he meets many other types of Spidermen. He and the leader of the “Spider-Society” get a rocky meeting and don’t tend to get along because Miles brings a threat known as the Spot. This causes conflict in the movie and in turn, is an action-packed movie. This is ranked top three in theaters. Many good actors played a part in this movie; Hailee Steinfeld, Andrew Garfield, Andy Samberg, and even more. Even Post Malone is in the movie! Though this movie is Animated, the art style is very cartoon and comic book-like, more than the other movies. This movie is a great one and a good addition to the Spiderman series.

Super Mario Bros. The Movie was such a great one, the ads for the movie weren’t great and made many people skeptical to watch. But the film itself is very good, the character’s development and the twist of events that occur is very well done. Mario and Luigi are from the normal world, they are plumbers and fall into a pipe. This brings them to a different world where Luigi goes to Bowser’s kingdom and Mario lands in Princess Peaches kingdom. From there, it gets very hectic and the plot thickens. In the end, as normal Mario and Luigi fought and won against Bowser. Even one of the most listened to audios came from the movie, “Peaches” By Jack Black, who also voices Bowser. The other actors are; Chriss Pratt, Charlie Day, Anya Taylor-Joy, and so many more. This movie was ranked top Three in theaters. Many people recommend this movie after watching it, and I do too. This movie is a fantastic twist to all of our favorite games.

Even though the other movies from the summer of 2023 were not named, every movie made over the summer was fantastic and a recommended watch. We constantly are getting new movies, and new things to bring the family together and watch. So, go out there and watch them, even if you cannot go to the theaters, you can still watch them in your home.