The Student News Site of Dyer County School High School

Tribal Media

Tribal Media

Tribal Media

Literary Corner

Coraline Remastered 2023

On August 14 and 15 2023, Coraline was released into theaters across the country. This movie is an old favorite of everyone and is constantly growing in hype and popularity. Coraline was remastered, which just means the graphics were made better, the voices sound smoother, etc. Laika is the company that made many of our favorite movies, and even the newer movies of today

Coraline is about a little girl and her family who move from home because of new job opportunities for her parents. As the little girl, named Coraline explores the new home, she finds a hidden door that at first seems like a normal bricked-up wall. As she falls asleep the night she finds the door she ends up hearing mice and follows them to the door. Going through the door that was originally bricked up, she goes through a colorful tunnel with a door at the end. She walks into her home but to her surprise, her mother has button eyes. In this new world, Coraline happens to be the main point to the Other Mother, so she has made Coraline places and things to make her happy and want to stay. Halfway through the movie, she ends up finding out that this was just a trap so that the other mother can eat her or love her forever. The movie continues on and Coraline, “Wins”.

The movie is a fantastic and wonderful movie that really deserves the attention it got. For the two days, they put it back in theaters making around, 4.91 Million dollars in the United States. Around the world, Liaka made 126 million dollars from the movie. Coraline made it top three in most watched in theaters around the United States. This is hard to beat for a movie that is fourteen years old. The Laika company is still getting revenue from this incredible movie due to its enticing atmosphere, the beautiful plot, and the intriguing characters. If Liaka kept the movie in for longer than two days then there is no telling how much money they would’ve made.

Liaka decided since the movie was such a hit with everyone they would once again put it out for two more days, which were August 28th and August 29th of 2023. This made them even more money and with further research, they typically put an old movie into the theaters once in a while to get it to hit back up and they can continue to keep their ratings. None of their movies from before though have ever made it to be this big and this wealthy. They constantly thought they would’ve just introduced it and it would be like the times before but to their surprise, it did rank number three in theaters in just two days for the year 2023. And kept that way for a bit. To the understanding of others, Coraline is said to still be in the top three and still one of the greatest movies Liaka has made. This is why Liaka made so much money from their fans.

Will we get another showing of Coraline? Or another movie of it? Only Liaka can tell us, and the next time Coraline is shown in theaters will it make the company millions of dollars once again? If the understanding is correct and Coraline continues to grow in popularity and love, then yes the next showing of the movie will most likely make them about the same or even more money. But, we can only wait and see what Liaka and the theaters of the United States do.