Lights Camera Fashion for St. Jude

Lights Camera Fashion (LCF) is something I was honored to be a part of in February of 2024, LCF is a prom dress fashion show that raises thousands of dollars for St. Jude. In LCF a group of girls chosen from the state of Tennessee to represent and model prom dresses from My Bestfriend Jenna and Johnathan Kayne in a huge production in Jackson Tennessee.

My Bestfriend Jenna is the prom business that is in charge of LCF, aslo known as Jenna King. LCF was a magical experience and you get to participate as a Junior or Senior in high school so this year was my first year. The first dress you pickout is from the Rachel Allen prom dress company and you model it in a photoshoot to show off her yearly dresses for prom season. The second dress you try on is your Johnathan Kayne dress which you will buy and wear to prom! Working with Johnathan Kayne was such a positive experience that anyone would enjoy because of the positive environment he brings. FInally the third dress you pick is from My Bestfriend Jenna and you will model this dress and the Johnathan Kayne dress at LCF on the runway.

Leading up to the LCF event you practice for months, you will be accepted around August and begin practicing in September all the way to February. The day of the show you will get there around 10 in the morning and get tour hair and makeup done, then you will practice and take plenty of picture. Closer to showtime you will put on your opening number dress that Jenna gifts to all of the girls and perform an opening dance number and every year it’s a new theme. This year the theme was barbie so she gifted us beautiful pink dresses. You then model your two dresses and awards follow right after. Each girl has their own fundraiser throughout the year which is a huge honor to do, this year I raised close to $2,000 for St. Jude and all the girls together raised over $240,000 for St. Jude.

My experience at LCF was so magical and I wish everyone got to experience something like this. You make so many new friends and are always surrounded by positive people and attitudes. Jenna King is the sweetest person ever and will always make sure everyone feels beautiful and confident in what they are doing. LCF is such a blessing to me and all the girls knowing how much help we were able to provide to St. Jude. It really is a magical and surreal experience!