Promposal Ideas

Promposal+Ideas

Gabbie Dew, Photographer

Prom is known as the most important dance for any student. It’s the juniors’ first dance as an upperclassmen, and it’s the seniors’ last time to have a fun night with all of their classmates. After trying to find what to wear, if you’re gonna carpool, buying a ticket, finding a date is either the first or last thing on someone’s mind. Whether it’s your first priority or last, we decided to give you some ideas on how to ask that special person to prom.

Ding Dong Ditch 

This idea is for those of you who aren’t the best at talking to people. You make a sign, obviously with your name on it, leave it at the door, and book it. You’ll eventually have to speak to them again to get the answer, but it has a secret admirer kind of vibe to it.

Song Lyrics 

You could make a sign that either involves song lyrics or has a play on words with song titles. Figure out what your date’s favorite artist or group is and trying use some of their stuff. This guy in the picture definitely went above and beyond, you can too, but I’m sure just the cute pun with lyrics will work just the same.

Publicly 

I put this as a separate category because not everyone wants to be in the public eye whenever they’re being asked to a dance. However, some people like the attention. Make sure you know if the person you’re asking likes public attention or not. It can 100% determine what answer you get.

Write a Song 

This one is for those of you that are more musically inclined and your date likes that trait about you. It can be a cheesy song or something really heartfelt, whichever you prefer. It’ll definitely be a promposal your date will remember.

Food 

Find out your date’s favorite place to eat. You can use a play on words for the sign and propose to them that way. Who could possibly turn down a date when there’s food involved?

Dress Up

You could dress up like a character from a show or with whatever pun you decide to put on your sign or in your promposal. Your date will probably find it funny and thoughtful that you put in the effort to dress up.

Creative Sign 

This is for those of you who are over-achievers. Your promposal sign needs to be a full on arts and crafts project. Think of something your date really likes-most likely a hobby. Maybe it’s makeup, video games, or music. Make a creative sign with that hobby.

I hope some of these ideas helped you figure out how you’re going to ask your date to prom. If these exact ideas don’t sound great to you, hopefully you got some inspiration from the ideas. Good luck and hopefully they say yes!