Managing Stress

Managing Stress

According to most research, there are four main points to tackle when it comes to managing stress. The first one is discussed as, “Tackling the Problem”. In this stage, it’s suggested that the best way to start dealing with your stress is to first identify and address the problem, and decide whether or not it’s actually as big of an issue as it seems. Once you do this, it is best to try and handle the issue with clear thinking and try to develop some good healthy coping skills in the mean time. It also makes it very clear that ignoring the problem is not the best route to take and can lead to a never-ending cycle of more stress. It also emphasizes the importance of just letting some things go, which I thoroughly agree with.
The second point is, “Taking Care of My Body”. This point discusses things like exercise, relaxation, personal care, and diet. This part of the four points suggests that things like running help relax your mind when you have to much going on in your head. It also says that by putting yourself into relaxing situations, you can trick your mind into forgetting about whatever it is that is stressing you. It also shows that things like eating healthier and having a good sleep schedule help nourish and energize your body, which reduces stress significantly.
The third point is, “Dealing With Emotions”. This point discusses how taking “instant vacations” is a way to help take your mind off of everything stressing you and put yourself into a more clear, level-headed state. It states the importance of taking time out of your day for yourself and doing things to actively clear your mind- for example, taking walks or going to the park. It also says that reading is a good way to escape reality and convince yourself that you are somewhere else for a while, with no worries in the world. I also agree with this because I love to read and I spend the majority of my time reading.
The final point discussed is, “Making the World Better”. This point just overall claims and shows that doing things that you feel make a difference in the world will give you a sense of purpose. Research shows that teens who work to make the world better through volunteer work or charity work have a sense of belonging and feel better about themselves compared to teens who aren’t active in the community at all. It also shows that these active teens handle their problems and stress better. Understanding that the things you do are making a difference in someone else’s life better helps teenagers understand their place in the world. It also shows themselves that they are capable of growing up and contributing to the betterment of the world.