A Fight to Survive

Getty Images/iStockphoto
    A trail through a sunlit Pacific Northwest forest.

Being just a simple trip back from McDonald’s turned into a long three-day fight to survive. Concerned family members reported thirty-year-old Taylor Boyle missing after failing to arrive at his friend’s house. Boyle’s last interaction with anyone was around 10 a.m. on October 15th. A report stated from Cameron Williams, a friend of Taylor Boyle, “He told our buddy he was grabbing mcDonald’s for breakfast and headed his way.” After three days of Boyle’s disappearance, the family began to search the side roads of Powell, Tennessee. As many as five vehicles with around three to five people in them were doing all they could to search for Taylor. One very night, they searched as the night came upon them. The search group noticed something like a flashlight reflecting. Boyle’s friends: Brandon Lawson, Ryan French, and Chase Lovelace were the first to notice the wreckage of a motorcycle. Thirty to fifty feet from the back road laid Taylor Boyle, along with the debris from the crash. Cameron Williams states, “They were kind of scared, you know, what they might find when they got there.” This reveals the hesitation the family had, hoping to find their loved one in safe conditions. The concerned friends and family immediately called 911, allowing Taylor Boyle to be rushed to the hospital. Taylor was treated for a head injury and a dislocated elbow. Other reports show that Taylor also suffered from brain bleeding and a concussion as a result of his crash. Taylor Boyle remains a strong symbol for his community. Boyle managed to survive being stuck in a ditch for three days in a forest with all his injuries. According to doctors, Boyle will make a full recovery.