The Student News Site of Dyer County School High School

Tribal Media

Tribal Media

Tribal Media

Literary Corner

Gypsy Rose

Gypsy Rose Blanchard was born on July 27th, 1991. Her father Rod was 17 at the time while her mother Dee Dee was 24. They eventually separated shortly before Gypsy was born. When Gypsy was three months old, Dee Dee believed her daughter had sleep apnea and took her to the hospital. The doctors did several tests but found nothing wrong with Gypsy. Dee Dee became convinced that Gypsy was sick, eventually telling Rod that she believed their daughter had a chromosomal defect and her health issues were coming from that. Her accusations about Gypsy’s illnesses continued as time went on, at one point she said that Gypsy had leukemia and muscular dystrophy. Years went by and Dee Dee became more and more obsessed with Gypsy’s health, she made up different illnesses claiming that Gypsy had them. In 2015, Gypsy and her new boyfriend Nicholas Godejohn, planned to murder Gypsy’s mother. After they murdered her they fled the town together and were found shortly after. Upon being questioned they both pleaded guilty to the murder of Dee Dee. Gypsy was sentenced to 10 years in prison but got out early on December 28, 2023, serving 85% of her sentence. Now that she is out she has become an avid social media user and has even announced that she has become pregnant with her husband, Ryan Scott Anderson.