Prom Dress Controversy

With prom season coming up all any girl can think of is what their prom dress is going to look like and what everyone else looks like. The two top trends this year have been what are called easter dresses or traditional dresses. Easter dresses are floral printed, ruffly, flowy, and more on the simple side while traditional dresses are more sparkly and glamorous. As girls have started to get their dresses they are posting them on social media causing other girls to question their dresses. Girls on TikTok have posted videos showing their more traditional dress asking if they should sell it and try and find a new “Easter Prom Dress.” The new easter dress trend has caused some insecurities for girls who already bought their dresses and went the traditional route. At Dyer County, there is an Instagram page where girls have been posting their dresses and we have yet to see any easter dresses so far. Students of Dyer County are worried and unsure if the easter dress trend will make its way here or not.