The Student News Site of Dyer County School High School

Tribal Media

Tribal Media

Tribal Media

Literary Corner

New York – What To See

Have you heard of the Statue of Liberty? Or the 9/11 monument? Some people can’t decide if a trip to New York is worth it or not. This past week I traveled to New York City and stayed for the week. During our trip, we traveled through the many areas of New York City and visited all the “must-see” attractions. I got to experience how people in New York are different from us as well.

We started our trip by visiting the 9/11 museum. This museum contained artifacts from the real Twin Towers and also gave history on them. We also visited the 9/11 memorials and the tree that lasted through 9/11. Another attraction we visited was the world’s largest store, Macy’s. This store was 4 stories big and had a wooden escalator in it. Next, we went and saw Times Square. In Times Square there are a lot of bright billboards that light up the street. We went to the M&M factory and made personalized M&Ms. We also went to some famous bakeries located in Times Square. We saw The Notebook on Broadway and visited the largest toy store.

Throughout the next couple of days, we ate at a few well-known restaurants. We ate at Ellen’s Stardust Diner where the waiters sing and dance throughout the diner. We also went to Carmine’s Italian restaurant and Junior’s. We also took two tour buses around the city. One tour bus was called Tea Around Town and we were served tea and given appetizers. The other bus made stops at popular places in New York. We also visited the Statue of Liberty via ferry and went up the Empire State Building. We were able to see a lot of New York from the top of the Empire State Building. Lastly, we did a lot of walking down the streets and stopped at some shops along the way. I would recommend a trip to New York!