Prom – Behind The Scenes

This year I was on prom chair alongside Macey Armstrong and Ellie Chandler. We came up with the prom theme of “Dance The Night Away”. Our prom theme was ultimately centered around disco balls and the color scheme of orange, pink, and blue. We began planning for prom by dividing prom into a few different sections and creating an idea for each section. We had to decorate the dance floor, the entry-way, the student entrance, the planters, and the food table.

Our plan for the student entrance was to create a hallway of lights as soon as people come in. We also wanted everyone to walk through a disco ball to enter into the actual prom. We then created the dance floor. Our idea was to hang fringe across the ceiling and add in details of metallic. We also created a disco ball chandelier to place in the center of the dance floor. Next was the DJ stand which we decorated with metallic fringe, fairy lights, and leftover ceiling fringe. We also decorated the planters with circle balloon arches, disco balls, and LED signs.

Lastly, we decorated the main planter in front of the student entrance with big D-C-H-S P-R-O-M letters and balloons. We added a few balloon arches, some singular balloons, a few small disco balls, and the set-up tables. Overall, prom turned out to be just as we had originally planned. The night of, all of the disco balls shined, the lights made our colors pop, our photobooths were a hit, and everyone had a good time.