2021-2022 School Year Reflection!

Shelby Palmer, Journalist, Photographer

The end of the school year is slowly approaching and summer is soon to come. There is pretty much 2 weeks left of school, and 1 week for graduating seniors. Out of every single month, week, day, what have  we all accomplished? What have we achieved? What were some of our best memories of this school year? Well, let’s go all the way back to the very beginning of the 2021/2022 school year. We came back to a relatively normal school year after COVID-19 was an issue last year. School was constantly being let out and some people would only show up half the week. So considering all of that happening, this has been our first normal year back so adjusting may have been hard but exciting. Coming back we had alot of fall sport accomplishments. Football is always a big hit when a new school year starts. Football games had the stadium packed like always. Which means good memories, and good times. Volleyball also had some amazing accomplishments, as well as our marching band! Aside from sports, students were hard to work at the start of the year as many people looked into taking ACT tests during the year. So congratulations to all of the students who made good scores on a very timid, and serious test! Sports and academics are what bring our whole Choctaw family together. During this school year, many new friendships were made, some were lost, but that’s all part of it. Some people got their life together, some people may have started to fall behind. Some people may have found their happiness and some may have lost theirs and had to let them go. Some of us matured, some of us didn’t… In conclusion, this school year has been full of ups and downs but that is what we’ve got to cherish. Between all the school fights, pep rallies, yik yak craze, long days, EOCs, snow days, tornado days, everything, we have all learned to grow and become an amazing group as a whole. This may seem somewhat cheesy but one day you’re gonna look back and miss these days more than anything. (At least that’s what they say..)

The class of 2022 is one of those who are definitely gonna miss it all. All of the seniors have deserved this moment after all 4 years of high school, which I know was a dark part of life, like come on, its high school. But congratulations to the seniors!! You deserve the best of luck in life after high school. You will do amazing things in college:) In conclusion, the 2021-2022 school year has been another good year. Always cherish these years, memories, and people. It will all end before you know it.