When is Christmas?

Obviously, Christmas is December 25th, but when do the students and staff of DCHS celebrate Christmas?
When is Christmas?

Everyone loves looking at the sparkling lights that come with Christmas time; however, everyone puts up those lights at different times. Everyone has their own opinions about when it is appropriate to break out the Christmas tree and listen to Mariah Carrey on repeat.

At Dyer County High School, many of the students and teachers have many opinions about Christmas time. There were three popular answers when I asked each student. The most common answers were December 1st, after Thanksgiving, and November 1st. November 1st was just barely the winning answer with two more votes than after Thanksgiving.

While I may believe that November 1st is the correct answer, everyone’s opinions about Christmas time are valid. Whether you listen to jingle bell rock the moment Halloween ends, or you’re a scrooge like Mrs. Ross who said never, Christmas time is different for everyone. There were even some more unique responses.

Clark French said he celebrates Christmas “The Wednesday before Thanksgiving.” No one said your Christmas time has to be conventional. Coach Armstrong believed that Christmas time started when Christmas break started. I even got an answer from John Pennington saying Christmas starts December 14th at 3:00.

When do you start enjoying the fun of Christmas time?