Football Homecoming 2022

Caitlyn Berry, Sports Editor

Here at Dyer County High School, homecoming week is a very big deal. We have dress up days, a school pep rally, and homecoming court. This week is a way to celebrate our football team and our student body. It gives the school a way to come together in a positive way. 

To start off homecoming week, one of the most important parts is choosing dress up days. This year our theme was, “Once a Choctaw, Always a Choctaw”. For Monday, the dress up day was “First Day of School.” You had to dress like you were in Kindergarten. On Tuesday, it was “Future Me.” You had to dress for your future career or your future college. Wednesday the dress up day was, “Always a Choctaw.” For this day you dressed in your best granny and grandpa outfits. Thursday it was “Most Valuable Choctaw.” On this day we had our Most Valuable Choctaw ceremony, therefore everyone dressed for success. And finally on Friday, everyone decked out in orange to get ready for the game. 

Before the game on Friday, we had a school pep rally. This is a way to get the football team, cheerleaders, and students hyped up for the game. Dance and cheer team perform. The football players dance and play games. Then at the end, we all do our class and school battle cry. 

Now it’s time for the big game. To complete homecoming week, we have our homecoming queen and her court. Our Freshman court was Carlee Sanders and Lennon Brooks. Our Sophomore court contained Ellie Chandler and Aubrey Lehmann. Our juniors were Edie Ward and Kylee travis. And lastly, our seniors were Lindsey Babbitt, Lily Cravins, Julie Rei Freeman, Addie Roberson, and our queen, Ella Hamilton. 

All of these activities are what make our Homecoming week so fun and exciting.