The Student News Site of Dyer County School High School

Tribal Media

Tribal Media

Tribal Media

Literary Corner

A Festive Garden

Getty Images/iStockphoto
woman planting flowers in backyard garden flowerbed

African Daisy:

If you are looking for an animal-friendly and low-maintenance plant, this is the flower for you! African daisies are perennials, meaning they come back every year. They are native to Africa and Asia. These flowers range in colors of purple, pink, yellow, orange, or white. African Daisies require very low maintenance, requiring about one inch of water. The flower only takes two months to grow with the proper care and is dog or cat-friendly.

Calibrachoa:

If you are looking for a flower that’s extremely colorful and easy to grow, then the Calibrachoa is right for you! They range in colors of orange, pink, purple, red, bronze, white, or yellow. Calibroacho attracts the interest of butterflies and hummingbirds. They are easy to grow and require very little maintenance. The flower is very adaptable to various growing conditions

Phlox:

If you want beautiful flowers that attract wildlife, the Phlox is right for you! Phlox ranges in colors of pale blue, violet, pink, bright red, or white. They are native to New York, Georgia, Mississippi, and Arkansas. The flower is extremely easy to grow and requires low maintenance. Phlox are perennials and can rapidly spread. They produce fragrances that attract pollinators, butterflies, and hummingbirds.