The Student News Site of Dyer County School High School

Tribal Media

Tribal Media

Tribal Media

Literary Corner

10 things to do this Fall

As the heat steadily decreases, fall slowly but surely emerges with its cool breeze and colorful leaves. The changed weather invites a new array of activities you can do. Here is a list of some things you can do to get into the fall spirit.

1. Make a pie

Pie is arguably one of fall’s most popular desserts. Making a pie can be a fun way to get in tune with the season. Make a pie for your family, or even just for yourself. This tasty treat is perfect for the autumn season.

2. Knit a scarf

As the summer weather cools down into the chilling temperatures of fall, you’ll need more layers of clothing. Knit a cute scarf to keep yourself warm and toasty. Knitting is a relaxing hobby and a perfect activity you can do while you are at home.

3. Visit a pumpkin patch

A pumpkin patch is a great place to go if you want to get a pumpkin. In addition, it is fun for the family.

4. Carve a pumpkin

One of fall’s many crazes is carving pumpkins. Let your creativity run wild with the endless designs you can carve. Make a scary jack-o-lantern. Carve a silly face. The possibilities are endless!

5. Don’t throw away the pumpkin guts!

After carving your pumpkin, you may find yourself not knowing what to do with its guts. Instead of tossing it, use it! Make a pumpkin spice latte. Whip up homemade pumpkin puree! Make your own pumpkin body scrub. There are many things you can create and can be a great way for you to get into the fall spirit.

6. Decorate your house with fall decor

What better way to get yourself into the fall spirit than to decorate your home in autumn-themed decor? Get a variety of pumpkins to decorate outside your house. Buy or craft a fall wreath to hang on your door. Transform your home into the embodiment of the autumn season!

7. Make a costume

Halloween is right around the corner! Instead of buying a costume, make it more exciting by creating your own!

8. Enjoy the outdoors

Now is the perfect time to go outside! It’s not too hot nor is it too cold. The weather is just right! Take this opportunity to enjoy the outdoors. Along with the great weather, the scenery is beautiful! The leaves are a variety of different colors and make the outside world look more entrancing.

9. Visit a corn maze

Going to a corn maze with the people you love is a great way to bond! Working together to find your way out of the maze can build your teamwork skills and strengthen your relationship with one another.

10. Throw a Friendsgiving celebration

Celebrate this time of gratitude with your friends by throwing a Friendsgiving! A Friendsgiving is essentially just Thanksgiving with your friends. This can be celebrated either on or near Thanksgiving. This can be a great way to bond with your friends.