Christmas Activities To Do With Your Partner

One of the best things about being in a relationship during Christmas time is not only two Christmases but also the fun activities you and your partner can do together. There are an infinite amount of things for you and your partner to do together for Christmas This article is just about the few that are on my Christmas bucket list and should be on yours too.

The first thing I think about when I hear “Christmas” is definitely gingerbread houses. Building gingerbread houses with someone is always fun, whether it be your sister, mom, dad, or grandmother, but doing it with your partner is especially great because of the bonding experience. Now, if your partner is more competitive like mine, a gingerbread building competition is the way to go. And I do mean a full-fledged gingerbread competition with judges, extra candy, icing, extravagant edible decorations, making trees, and complete with a Smarties driveway. It must be a Christmas wonderland extravaganza on a gingerbread house, and I say that’s the best way to do it.

Another thing that is worth doing, even if one of you will inevitably burn something, is baking holiday cookies together. Sugar cookies, peanut butter cookies, and Santa’s favorite, chocolate chip. There are so many cookies out there to bake, and if you want to go the extra mile, you both can make your own recipe for the dough and mix and measure together, and trust me, you’ll love it. And while you’re doing that, why not throw in a Christmas movie while you bake? You can go for the classics like The Grinch, Elf, Home Alone, Polar Express, or even Santa Claus.

I think one of the best things to do near Christmas is to decorate the house with each other or with your family. There is something about celebrating Christmas and decorating the tree, and hanging lights that is so memorable and nostalgic to so many people, and it is an amazing thing to experience together. But, before you decorate the tree, you and your partner can sit down and make homemade ornaments together. You can buy clear Christmas ornaments, fill them with fake snow, and put a picture of you in it, or maybe your dog, the sky’s the limit. Maybe, if it’s what you are into, you can carve or buy wooden ornaments and paint them with your partner.

And lastly, on this list, one of the most slept-on things to do with him or her is to drive around town and see all of the Christmas lights people put up in front of their houses. Or if you want to, you may even be able to go to a light show that has the most extravagant structures of light blinking on and off, showing movement, and telling stories. 

Still, even with everything on this list, there are so many other things to do with your significant other for Christmas that will make this year’s Christmas magical for you and for them.