Top 10 Christmas Dishes

Discover the top 10 Christmas dishes worldwide that will make your holiday season unforgettable.

1.) Malva Pudding

Malva pudding is a South African dessert made with apricot jam. Some different variations include brandy or Amarula. The hot cake is drizzled with a sweetened buttercream, resulting in the pudding having a caramelized film.

2.) Pinnekjøtt

Pinnekjøtt is a Norwegian dinner, which is made from the ribs of lambs that were salted for preservation. Often boiled, or smoked!

3.) Bûche de Noël

Bûche de Noël is a dessert that started in the 1940s in France. It is a sponge cake covered in chocolate buttercream. The dessert represents a tradition called, The Yule Log. People would bring a wooden log into the home, pour wine on top, and then burn it in the fire. 

4.) Figgy Pudding

Figgy pudding is a dessert with many names. It is made up of dried fruits, molasses, spices, eggs, and suet (fat found around the loins and kidneys of an animal.) This sweet treat is usually found in England, Ireland, and some places in the US.

5.) Halászlé (Fisherman’s soup):

Halászlé is a traditional Hungarian meal that consists of paprika, a variety of river fish, bell peppers, tomatoes, and onions. Often served with bread or white wine. 

6.) Sochivo

Sochivo is a porridge made as a practice of the Russian Orthodox Church to keep people from eating meat on Christmas Eve. It is made of wheat, dried berries, and honey, and topped with poppy seeds. 

7.) Risálamande: 

Risálamande is a Danish dessert made with rice pudding, chopped almonds, vanilla, sugar, and some whipped cream. It is served with a cold cherry sauce. It originated in Denmark. 

8.) Weihnachtsgans: 

In Germany, it is an important Christmas tradition to roast a goose and serve it with red cabbage, or a gingerbread dessert. 

9.) Borscht:

Beetroot soup, also known as Borscht, is an appetizer enjoyed during the Christmas season. It originated in Poland and is typically made of meat stock, vegetables, and fermented beetroot juice. 

10.) Bigos:

Bigos, a traditional Polish dish, is a stew that has cured meat, cultivated mushrooms, and sauerkraut.