What Not To Get Your Girlfriend For Christmas

Christmas is swiftly approaching and it’s time to start looking for gifts for the ones you love. In romantic relationships, gift-giving is often viewed as an expression of love. It is important to carefully choose a gift that would hold meaning for your significant other. Sometimes, the wrong gift could quickly ruin a relationship. Here is a list of gifts you should not get your girlfriend this Christmas.

• Cleaning Supplies

Traditionally, it was the woman’s role to clean the house. This is a stereotype women have been trying to break from for decades. Buying your girlfriend cleaning supplies for Christmas can be seen as demeaning, and it really just isn’t a good look.

• Gift Cards

Gift cards are often bought for those you don’t know very well. Nothing screams “I didn’t try” like buying your girlfriend a gift card.

• Exercise Gear

Are you thinking about getting your girlfriend exercise gear because you care about her health and well-being, or are you telling her to get in shape? Either way, this gift can be insulting and leave her feeling offended. Just don’t.

• Anything that is secretly for you

If you are thinking about buying your girlfriend lingerie or tickets to a concert of your favorite band — don’t. Stop and ask yourself, is it for your girlfriend or for you?

• Anything you would buy your mom

Sometimes you have to ask yourself, “Do I see my girlfriend wearing this, or my mom?”

• Toiletries

While this may seem like a good idea, it can carry a secret message.

• Nothing

Sometimes no gift can be more insulting than getting her nothing at all. This is a one-way ticket to a very ugly breakup.